Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10, 2009

Today we identified sight words and ending sounds. We discussed sentences and periods. The children shared things that they like to do and then wrote a sentence and drew a picture about them. We wrote sentences during Early Literacy and my group discussed compound words. We practiced handwriting and focused on spacing. The children did some simple addition and developed their number sense through number line work.

We will have "Treasure Chest" on Friday. This is positive reinforcement for the children who stayed on green all week. I have some toys, candy, stickers, etc. in a box and the children who did not pull a card all week get to choose one at the end of the day. Remember that green means your child did not pull a card, they had a great day. Orange means that your child pulled their card one time. Purple means that your child pulled their card twice. Red means that your child pulled 3 cards and you will get a note or phone call from me. Know that I give many chances before I pull a card. I redirect, give warnings and create many opportunities for your child to be successful.

Please be sure to read with your children every night. Also, playing games like Simon Says with your little one is a fun way to practice following directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment